Our office remains open for patient care. We look forward to continuing to provide you with all of your ophthalmologic care. To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we have implemented the following measures:
- Patients may opt to wait in their cars for cellphone conifrmation for safe entry into the office
- Masks and gloves will be worn by doctors and staff
- Plexiglass barriers will be present at the front desk
- Waiting room chairs and exam rooms will be disinfected regularly; with a limited number of patients at a time and sitting six feet apart at all times
- A double protective shield has been placed on each examination microscope for added protection during the doctor's examination
For all appointments:
- Have your insurance card and payment readily available when presenting to the front desk
- For new patients, please visit the NEW PATIENTS tab and complete your registration and patient forms online before the visit
- Please come to your appointment alone if possible (exceptions will be made for an adult accompanying a minor or a person in need of physical assistance)
- If you have a temperature greater than 100 degrees or any symptoms of illness on the day of your appointment; or, if there is any possibility that you may have had recent contact with the COVID-19 virus, please call the office to reschedule
- In accordance with the Governor's decree, you must arrive wearing a mask over your nose and mouth and wear it at all times while in our office
We appreciate your cooperation. We know that if we work together we can safely address your ophthalmologic needs while still reducing the spread of this virus.
We hope you and your families stay well and we are looking forward to seeing you soon.